Get the inside scoop on all things?NYC?with NYC Tourist, Your New York City Experts!
They have written a very nice write up on their blog about us and we feel that they have perfectly captured the essence and feel of our tour. Check it out below or CLICK HERE to visit the site and read it for yourself.
Broadway and sightseeing are two of the best aspects of any tour to the Big Apple, and what better way to spend a few hours in the city than by combining these two on a fabulous Broadway tour! The New York Broadway Tours aren?t your usual New York City tour: instead, think of this as a fun twist on seeing a Broadway show, with a dash of some Big Apple sightseeing and fascinating trivia thrown into the mix!
All of the tour guides are accomplished singers and actors whose unbridled enthusiasm is infectious and make these NYC tours just as entertaining as an actual Broadway show. Be prepared for a walking tour through theatre mecca,Times Square, and hear all about the incredible history of Broadway past and present from your licensed tour guide.
Why New York Broadway Tours?
Instead of just providing you with the facts and pointing out the sights like the traditional New York City tour, these Broadway tours are completely interactive! Not only will your tour guide belt out some toe-tapping tunes, they?ll have you singing along to the instantly recognizable classics from shows like the Lion King and Phantom of the Opera, as well as making jazz hands and getting people from the street to join in on the fun. From the very young to the very old, these tours are sure to appeal to a wide range of ages. Some New York City tours can seem a bit boring or too much like a school field trip to hold some childrens? attention, but these are the complete opposite as they get to be an active participant and will be unable to resist singing along.
Which New York Broadway Tour Is Right For You?
- The Musical Theatre Walking Tour?in Times Square has two different versions: Act 1 and Act 2. They are both 90 minutes, and cover similar material but at different attractions. Act One has your tour guide offering up fascinating information about the origins of musical theatre and the history of Broadway as you stroll past and visit such famous theatre landmarks as the Shubert Theatre, The Majestic and the New Amsterdam. Learn about legendary Broadway stars, and listen up as your guide serenades the group with popular showtunes until it is your turn to shine in the spotlight!
- The Musical Theatre Walking Tour in Times Square: Act 2?also explores the Great White Way, but visits different theaters like the Lyceum and the Belasco. Also walk by the theaters of great Broadway blockbusters, like Wicked and Pippin.The Off-Broadway Walking Tour is also 90 minutes, but focuses on the differences between off-Broadway and Broadway, and walks through various fixtures of the off-Broadway theater scene like The Actors Temple and The Snapple Theater.
- Grand Central: Music of the City Tour?is a wonderful way to discover one of New York?s busiest attractions – Grand Central Train Station while also hearing about the significance of beloved New York specific songs. Check out the Whispering Gallery, and listen to your guide?s version of Big Apple/Train inspired songs like Empire State of Mind and Take the A train.
- Greenwich Village Pub Crawl:?Walk through this colorful NYC neighborhood, and spend the night singing away with your Broadway alum tour guide! You?ll go to the historic Stonewall Inn and then get a chance to sing along to some classic showtunes at a piano bar.
- Michael Jackson Site Fan Tour:?Ideal for fans of the King of Pop, this ultimate appreciation of all things Jackson includes photos at the set of the Wiz, locations of his various music video shoots, and more!
- A Glee Broadway Fan Walking Tour: The newest addition to the New York Broadway Tours launches June 2nd! This is the tour for every Gleek, where you’ll learn all about your favorite stars from Glee, including Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison, Darren Criss, Amber Riley and more! See the theatres where these stars first debuted on Broadway, sing along with your tour guide to the songs that Glee cast has redone and have a blast with Glee trivia. You even get to sing “Empire State of Mind” near the famous red steps!
How Long:?The tours last around 90 minutes.
Who Can Come:?Most of these tours are perfect for theater fanatics of all ages to enjoy, but the Greenwich Village Pub Crawl does need to be for 21 and up.
How to Reserve:?Make a reservation online to secure a spot on one of these fun and entertaining tours.
Price:?$25 if you reserve online, $30 cash per person at the start of the tour, $15 for students with ID, while kids ten and under are free! Group discounts are available as well.